Greetings Members and Friends,
The Des Moines Chapter of ICUB is officially launching their Pack the Pantry Campaign; and we could use your help!
This year we would like to assist the YMCA of Greater Des Moines Supportive Housing Campus. The campus provides a place to call home for 140 adults ages 18 and older. Their program is designed to help residents find stable, permanent housing, meet their basic needs and help them to reach their life goals.
Please consider doing the following:
- Place a box in your home and fill it with nonperishable food items.
- Look for daily and weekly sales at your local grocery store.
- When you buy an item for yourself, consider buying an extra item or two and putting it in your box.
- If you live in an apartment building or independent living community, ask to put a box in the common area.
- Ask your friends and family to help.
- Share it to your Facebook page.
In addition to nonperishable food items, we have been asked to collect the following:
- Toilet paper
- Body wash or bars of soap
- Dish soap
- Cleaning supplies
- Individual sized spices and condiments
We are also collecting new and/or gently used clothing.
If you are outside the Des Moines area and would like to contribute, consider making a monetary donation. You can do this by clicking Donate on our website at icublind.org. You can then use the contact form to let us know you made a donation for Pack the Pantry.
As a reminder, if you make a donation on our website, you do not need to use decimal points when entering your amount.
We are collecting donations through December 2, 2022. You can bring your items to the next couple of chapter events such as the trivia bowl or monthly meeting. If you are unable to bring in your items, please contact Carrie Chapman at 515-657-1461.
Let’s pack their pantry! Let’s pack it full, and let’s pack it like it's our own!